INTERESTED IN BECOMING A GUARDIAN HOME?
How it works
So why use guardian homes? When we brought our first Australian Labradoodle home we fell in love with everything about her-her temperament, looks, and traits. As we decided to breed, we wanted to ensure that we continued the quality of the breed in all those areas. We certainly did not want to become a large kennel breeder because our dogs are our family. So we determined guardian homes are the future of our business. You have the opportunity to receive a wonderful Australian Labradoodle puppy, the "pick of the litter", for $500.00 instead of the usual cost of $3,250.00! We desire certain traits and qualities in the puppies we keep back for breeding purposes. They are chosen for their outstanding temperaments, health, and looks. We don't just want to breed dogs, we chose the Australian Labradoodle because we love the breed and want to ensure that the best quality dogs are available and you can help us do that!
As a guardian you will be responsible for pet care costs and in lieu of the $2750.00 purchase price, we will retain sole rights to breeding the dog. We will provide all care and costs related to breeding, and we will whelp and raise the puppies in our home. Once the female comes into her cycle, we will ask that she either be brought to our home for breeding or taking to our vet for artificial insemination. Then she will return to you for approximately two months. A week before her due date, you will need to bring her to our home where we will help her whelp her litter. She will remain with us to nurse the puppies until they are weaned around five to six weeks old, then she will be returned back to you. We retain the right to breed her up to three times over the span of about four or five years. Most females come into heat once every six months or about two times each year, with the first heat typically occurring around five to seven months old. She may be bred for the first time after she turns one year to two years old. Each heat cycle lasts two to three weeks and we will tell you what to expect during this time. You will need to keep her secure so not to have an unplanned mating. When she has finished her breeding career, we will arrange to have her spayed and she will then be signed completely over to you!
If you have a male, the time he is away from your home is significantly less. Typically you will bring him to our home where he will stay for a few days to honeymoon with a female or you might need to bring him to our vet's office if we do artificial insemination. Once he has finished his time of breeding, potentially seven years, we will arrange to have him neutered and he will be completely yours. Male dogs can breed as early as around eight months old. He might be used for breeding a couple times or several times each year, depending on the needs of our program. During this time, you will need to keep him secure so not to mate with other dogs.
YOUR GUARDIANSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES:
In exchange for receiving a $3,250.00 puppy for $500.00, we expect you to help us with the following needs:
-You must plan to live in the same area for the next 3 to 5 years
- You must have a fenced yard.
-Be available on short notice to bring your dog to us for breeding visits.
- Cover basic pet costs related to owning a dog including annual vaccines, deworm, fleas, grooming, training, boarding, and any other "normal" pet ownership costs.
- Cover pet costs related to emergency medical treatment or other unforeseeable issues while in your care.
- Purchase an ID tag with your name and cell number and keep this on the dog's collar at all times. We will have the dog microchip at our cost.
- Feed a premium dog food that meets our approval. Keep your dog at a healthy weight.
- Ensure your dog is safely restrained at ALL times when not in the home or your fenced yard.
- Do basic obedience training with your puppy including crate training. Remember your dog is a reflection of our program. We recommend Baxter & Bella. We can supply a discount code for you.
- Take your dog to a groomer every three months. Inform us before shaving their coat in case we need photos first.
- Send us updated photos of the dog for our website and / or allow us to borrow the dog as needed for photo shoots.
- If you have a boy, you understand potential behaviors of a non-neutered male including mounting and marking.
- If you have a girl, you will watch for signs and contact us the FIRST day of each heat cycle so we can prepare to breed her.
- Keep us informed of any issues that arise, concerns, comments, or needs regarding the dog.
- If your circumstances change and you cannot keep your dog, you will return the dog to us.
- Understand the dog is property of Forever Friends Labradoodles until spayed or neutered.
- Understand the value of your dog purchased as breeding stock is $10,000 and any unauthorized breeding will result in litigation if the Breeding Rights are not paid to us in such an event. You will be issued a Guardian contract stating that fact.
Please read the expectations listed above and let me know if you have any questions or concerns. If you would like to participate in this program, the next step is to fill out a Guardian Application and be approved for a puppy. You will also need to sign our Guardian Contract before you take your puppy home! Please understand we give preference to applicants living within 40 minutes of our home in Avon, Indiana.
Thank you for your interest to our program and I look forward to speaking with you soon!